Wat Phra Singh (วัดพระสิงห์) is a Buddhist temple in the Thai city of Chiang Rai (เชียงราย), that houses a replica of the original Phra Phutta Sihing (พระพุทธสิหิงค์) Buddha statue, which is also known as Phra Singh (พระสิงห์) and from which the temple got its name. Phra Singh was brought from Kamphaeng Phet (กำแพงเพชร) to Chiang Mai (เชียงใหม่) by Thao Maha Phrom (มหาพรหม), the ruler of Chiang Rai and the younger brother of Phaya Keua Nah (พญากือนา), the eight king of the Mengrai (เม็งราย) Dynasty who ruled the ninth reign of the northern kingdom of Lan Na (ล้านนา) from 1355 to 1385. When the latter later ordered the sanctum where Phra Singh was enshrined to be rebuilt, Thao Maha Phrom requested for the Buddha statue to be brought to Chiang Rai in order to have a replica made at Koh Don Thaen (เกาะดอนแท่น), an island in the Mekhong (แม่โขง) River near Chiang Saen (เชียงแสน), with the aim to enshrine it in Chiang Rai's Wihaan Luang (วิหารหลวง). After the death of Phaya Keua Nah, his son Phaya Saen Meuang Ma (แสนเมืองมา) succeeded his father as the new ruler of Lan Na. Jealous of Phaya Saen Meuang Ma's accession to the throne, Thao Maha Phrom attacked Chiang Mai, but was captured by Phaya Saen Meuang Ma. Consequently, Phra Singh was ordered to be returned to Chiang Mai, where it has been enshrined in Wat Phra Singh Woramahawihaan (วัดพระสิงห์วรมหาวิหาร) ever since, whilst the replica of Phra Singh that Thao Maha Phrom had commissioned was later enshrined in Wat Phra Singh in Chiang Rai, where it remains to this day.