SUMMARY | PHOTO GALLERY | NEXT | PREVIOUS | | LEXICON

CRAFTS & INSTITUTIONS

 

 

 

  Embassy of Portugal

 

Thailand

The Embassy of Portugal, located on the east bank of the Chao Phraya River (fig.) in Bangkok, was first established at this site in 1820 as a trading post, on land granted by King Rama II. It became the embassy and ambassador's residence in 1860 making it the oldest diplomatic mission post in Thailand.

1343'39.7"N 10030'51.0"E