Mahuna Phaya (မနူဟာဘုရား)
Name of a Buddhist temple in the village of Myinkaba, near
which was built in 1067 AD by the captive
Thaton Kingdom, whose name was
corrupted into Manuha, which in Burmese means ‘Leper’.
The three front halls of the main building each contain a large
seated in the
pose, while a
large hall in the back houses a large
image. In a small pavilion to the side of the main building are
the statues of King Makuta and his consort Queen Ningalade (fig.),
with whom he lived in the adjacent Palace Temple,
Nan Phaya Kyaung (fig.).